Thursday 3 July 2014

Movie reminding me of me



 Now and then


 I recently watched the movie Now and Then. It was made in 1995 and a part of it is set in the 70's. It's about 4 girls who reunite after being apart for 10 years. They were childhood friends and they were inseparable.

Whilst I was watching it, I couldn't help but feel it reminds me of my friends and myself. Not that I haven't seen them for 10 years but just the fact that they're all so different and still they form one whole. The young girls in the movie are younger than me but oh boy it's like looking in a mirror. 

You go through a lot together, you fight, you don't get along but in the end you wouldn't want to tell your secrets to anyone else but them. The funny moments will stay with you for years and years but so will the sad ones. I think  you need to have experienced positive and negative things to form a true friendship. Memories need to be made together. All the things you don't want your parents to know, all of the 'don't tell anyone' moments, the embarrassing stuff, ... all of those things are good stories for when you're older. 

Now If you fancy a lovely, old-school movie then definitely give this one a watch! If you're a person who likes making and thinking back on memories then this one is a good'n for you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment