Wednesday 27 August 2014

My Morning Skincare

I'm not one of those blogger that uses 10 skincare products, I'm just too lazy. I want to keep it simple but effective (and also cheap). The routine that I'm currently in to has worked for me, so for the time being I'm going to stick to it.

 

Step One: the cleansing

I use a bog standard foaming face wash: The Beauty Formulas Vitamin E Foaming Facial Wash. It's just your basic face wash that removes dirt, make-up, impurities and leaves the skin feeling clean but not tight and uncomfortable. It has a simple soap fragrance. I personally use this in the morning and the evenings. It hasn't broken me out  (so far so good) so I'm going to continue using it.

Step Two: the exfoliation

 I exfoliate once a week to get rid of the dead skin cells. For this I've also been using a drugstore exfoliator: The Clean&Clear Exfoliating Daily Wash.  This one has nearly run out so I've already purchased a new one, The Good Things Deep Clean Blackhead Exfoliator. Both of them are gentle and leave my skin feeling nice and soft.

Step Three: moisturising 

I use The Simple Kind To Skin Protecting Light Moisturiser. This is a great basic moisturiser with SPF 15. With my fair complexion I'm prone to burn so this little extra protection is just what I need. It's not sticky and it has no added fragrance so it's perfect for sensitive skin. I honestly love it. It's basically softness, moisturisation and protection in a bottle.

Step Four: SPF

For this step I use The Kiko City Filter Sunscreen Primer. It's a primer that forms a protective layer on the skin that blocks out the impurities in the air and it protects you from UV rays with its SPF 50. Even if it didn't do its primer job, making my make-up last, I just keep using it for it high SPF factor. The fragrance is very pleasant and not overpowering.

So that concludes my morning skincare routine. Simple, short, hassle-free and just perfect for me.

Over and Out
GreenEyedGirl

6 comments:

  1. Great routine! I also use the Simple Kind to Skin Moisturiser in my routine :)

    http://perfectfixations.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simple is such a great brand! And they are so affordable as well!

      xx

      Delete
  2. I use a Micellar water I have a gel to milk cleanser, a moisturiser and an eye cream. I do throw in a face mask once a week. Your skincare is really simple and quite nice x

    http://Allthingskerri.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I occasionally use a mask as well. And an eye cream has to be bought pretty soon :)

      xx

      Delete
  3. I love this post :)
    Keep in touch xoxo

    ReplyDelete