Wednesday 3 September 2014

Scrumptious Gingernuts

I love baking. There it's out :) I love baking cakes and biscuits just as much as I like to eat them. On a Monday evening approx. 9pm I got those baking feelings. I just felt like I had to rustle up a batch of golden brown beauties. So here is the recipe.





















































































So that was:

350g of self raising flour
150g of caster sugar
75g of golden syrup                                    
125g of butter
1 lightly beaten egg
1 tsp of orange zest
1 tsp of bicarbonate of soda
1 tbsp of ground ginger 
a pinch of salt
Method:
  
Preheat the oven to 125°C ( gas mark 3).
Line an oven tray with baking paper.
Mix the dry ingredients (flour, salt,sugar,bicarb,ginger)into a mixing bowl.
On a low heat melt the butter and golden syrup. Let it cool down a bit and add to the mixing bowl.
After that is mixed, slowly add the egg and orange zest. Mix until everything is combined.
Form equally sized balls and put them on the baking tray. Flatten slightly with your hand.
Let the biscuits bake for approx. 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.
Leave them to cool on a cooling rack.
Now make a cup of tea and dunk away!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

How very Great British Bake Off appropriate. I hope you like these gingery biscuits. I personally adore them! They're my favorite dunking biscuit. If you decide to make them, then please let me know if you liked them. 

 

Over and Out
GreenEyedGirl

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm, these look so good. :D I'm not much of a baker myself but I do I love ginger biscuits!
    <3
    http://perfectfixations.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gingernuts are sooo good for dunking in tea :) xx

      Delete